Intro

Scroll Down To Read The Actual Post :)


Hello viewers and/or helpless victims of a misplaced click! Welcome to my blog, please stop and look around a bit. My name is Chelsea and I am a somewhat typical college student living life. I've created this account in order to share some of the random things I've done and tell stories (Anyone who knows me will tell you I talk-- perhaps too much-- to anyone and everyone and always have a story to tell). I think I talk too much, but thankfully in this setting you are not being coerced into listening to my ramblings, you may stop reading whenever you choose (though I hope you find me just intriguing enough to continue reading).

P.S. I've got a secret..... I am new to this! (As if you couldn't tell by my cookie cutter blog template) I have never before written a blog, but so many people keep saying I should, and provided I have the patience and the dedication to do this frequently, I think it will be really fun.

So anyway, please keep in mind that I am new to this, and cut me some slack as I get the hang of it.
Oh and one more thing! If you don't like my blog for whatever reason, I am not forcing you to read it; no one is :) and I am who I am, so don't expect me to change if I get a little flak.

Welcome to Every Day's an Adventure




Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer

Summer time


It's pretty awesome, but a lot less productive than I'd like. I graduated. I no longer have a job as I worked at my college. I am an adult, but I live with my parents. I turned down my grad school offer for a bevy of reasons, and I have to wait to start my credential program till January. I have several goals I'd like to meet by the end of summer. 
I want to (big goals): 

Get a job in San Marcos
Find a place to live in San Marcos
Move to San Marcos
Start saving money and paying down my student loans

I want to (smaller goals):
Spend time with friends I've neglected
Get rid of all the crap I don't use/wear/need/like anymore
Streamline and simplify my life
Find a dance class
Improve on my skating 
Live more healthily 
Cut people who don't value me out of my life
Stop trying so hard to keep people in my life who don't want to be there
Buy a better phone (after the job goal is accomplished)
Spend more time doing what I legitimately enjoy instead of whiling away hours on Facebook 

There, now it's all written down. Can't get around it now right? Well that's the theory anyway. Okay, so now that that's out of the way. Let's talk about what I've done so far with my summer. 

TONS of laundry for one thing lol. 1 maybe 2 loads left to go until it's ALL washed. I have a TON of clothes I've realized. Which is interesting considering I only consistently wear one load's worth of laundry. All the other clothes I own are completely ignored unless I'm out of alternatives. Why is this the case? Because every time I try to get rid of clothes I feel like I'm gonna want this for some niche thing at some point and that I'm going to be upset when that one situation comes up and  don't have that article of clothing anymore. This has happened on rare occasions, but is really a non-issue. I have so far set aside 2 or 3 loads of laundry worth of clothes to sell or give away and will add to that amount as I continue to go through my clothes. The idea is to get rid of all the things I don't LOVE so that I can then buy things I actually like and/or need and have room to put them away. Plus who needs 40 t-shirts? 

I have never ending amounts of generic t-shirts from teams, clubs, and events, and yet I only have 3 pairs of jeans.... two of those pairs have holes in them and the third pair is too short, so I can only wear them with high tops or boots... my wardrobe lacks purpose haha. Going to fix that. 


Aside from laundry, I have cleaned and organized my room for the most part. I am 90% finished. For those of you who saw it the weekend of my party and are wondering what the remaining 10% could possibly refer to since my room was immaculate... I may have cheated for that weekend. That last 10% of chaos was hidden in my closet and in the storage units under my bed lol. Addressing that last 10% this week. I've also done chores for my mom. Washed windows, swept sidewalks, cleaned bathrooms, done dishes, etc. 


Okay I'm being boring. I've also gone to my first major league baseball game! Angels v. Mariners. It was a boring game (1-0), but it was fun hanging out with my best friend and having that experience. I've also seen at least 30 movies (only one of those in a movie theater lest you think I'm blowing endless amounts of money on overpriced tickets haha). Saw Despicable Me 2 which was SUPER cute and funny. Went wine tasting. Ate at Pat & Oscars for the first time. Had a lovely dinner at CPK. Went swing dancing. Went to an awesome BBQ/pool party for a friend's graduation. Played with fireworks for the first time. Learned to make single-serving brownies in under 10 minutes! Ate tons of delicious food, prepared by tons of loving relatives. Met new people. Went swimming quite a few times. Went to the mall with my best friend (marking my... MAYBE 10th time at the mall ever haha). Played tons of board games. And I'm definitely going to spend several of the next few days at the beach with friends! ^_^

Summer is pretty great, even with looming worries, responsibilities, and sorrows. Pushing to find that balance between work and play. Gotta cut back on the internet and tv hours, stay active and live a life I can be proud of! 

Sorry for being HORRIBLY inconsistent in posting here (as usual), and for writing a boring first post back, but maybe now that I have some more free time, I'll post more often and be more entertaining lol. 

Hope you're all enjoying your summers! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment