Intro

Scroll Down To Read The Actual Post :)


Hello viewers and/or helpless victims of a misplaced click! Welcome to my blog, please stop and look around a bit. My name is Chelsea and I am a somewhat typical college student living life. I've created this account in order to share some of the random things I've done and tell stories (Anyone who knows me will tell you I talk-- perhaps too much-- to anyone and everyone and always have a story to tell). I think I talk too much, but thankfully in this setting you are not being coerced into listening to my ramblings, you may stop reading whenever you choose (though I hope you find me just intriguing enough to continue reading).

P.S. I've got a secret..... I am new to this! (As if you couldn't tell by my cookie cutter blog template) I have never before written a blog, but so many people keep saying I should, and provided I have the patience and the dedication to do this frequently, I think it will be really fun.

So anyway, please keep in mind that I am new to this, and cut me some slack as I get the hang of it.
Oh and one more thing! If you don't like my blog for whatever reason, I am not forcing you to read it; no one is :) and I am who I am, so don't expect me to change if I get a little flak.

Welcome to Every Day's an Adventure




Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Wake-up Call

Wake-up calls,

I'm gettin em, but I'm ignorin em. I wanna roll over and press snooze on life. I wanna delay and put off and enjoy what there is to enjoy and be productive, moral, healthy, __fill in the blank__ LATER!
 Sleeping: every morning I hit snooze at least twice, I want to SLEEP even just minutes more, any little bit more I can get in my bed. I want more! More dreams, more snuggles under my covers, more time with warm fuzzy pillows against my face and cushiony mattress under me. But do I invest my time the night before going to bed earlier to get that extra time? Or do I try to steal it from the next day's events... the latter. I'm stealing from my days every morning when I hit snooze and I'm stealing from my days when I'm staying up late the night before.
 Homework: Am I putting in the consistent effort day by day, or am I cramming when a test approaches? YIKES!!! That reminds me I have a quiz on Friday and I OF COURSE haven't done the reading -__- ugh. Case and point.
 Eating: Am I packing snacks and eating healthful meals and snacks every couple hours, or am I starving myself till my late lunch and eating extra to compensate for the first half of the day and hold me over through the second half until I can get home at midnight or thereabouts and raid the fridge for whatever my family may have cooked and left in there for me.
 Cleaning: Do I pick up my couple of things at the end each day and tidy up so that my room, my car, my bathroom, etc stay clean? Or do I toss things aside and lay my stuff here and there saying I'll get to it later until I'm forced to sit down one day and spend HOURS cleaning properly so that all my possessions look as they should?
 Praying: I'm realizing I haven't prayed in X amount of days and doing marathon prayers for every little thing I can think of, instead of taking time out each day to devote to the various topics that I should be praying about. For example! My best friend is currently in South Africa, she'll be there for the next few months, and I should definitely be praying for her and the work they're doing there. There are hundreds of things I want to pray for, but I'm losing focus on who I'm praying to! God's not an ATM, He's a loving father looking out for my best... 

I'm sure there are more examples, but the point is:

I need to fix my perspectives and my behavior and break out of this cycle of barely making it by and always being behind. I don't want to play catch up on life anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment