Intro

Scroll Down To Read The Actual Post :)


Hello viewers and/or helpless victims of a misplaced click! Welcome to my blog, please stop and look around a bit. My name is Chelsea and I am a somewhat typical college student living life. I've created this account in order to share some of the random things I've done and tell stories (Anyone who knows me will tell you I talk-- perhaps too much-- to anyone and everyone and always have a story to tell). I think I talk too much, but thankfully in this setting you are not being coerced into listening to my ramblings, you may stop reading whenever you choose (though I hope you find me just intriguing enough to continue reading).

P.S. I've got a secret..... I am new to this! (As if you couldn't tell by my cookie cutter blog template) I have never before written a blog, but so many people keep saying I should, and provided I have the patience and the dedication to do this frequently, I think it will be really fun.

So anyway, please keep in mind that I am new to this, and cut me some slack as I get the hang of it.
Oh and one more thing! If you don't like my blog for whatever reason, I am not forcing you to read it; no one is :) and I am who I am, so don't expect me to change if I get a little flak.

Welcome to Every Day's an Adventure




Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

Spastic Summer

Summer is crazy! I was desperately clinging to the idea of summer as my only hope for some sleep, some relaxing, and some personal catch up all year.... But summer is here now, in fact it's halfway over, and I haven't experienced any of that yet! Life is never what you expect. It's been a pretty good summer so far, but I am still waiting for that break I was imagining. I still need to clean my room!!!! That was like number one on my agenda for summer, but life has gotten in the way. I still need to go through my clothes and get rid of all the stuff I don't wear and all the stuff doesn't fit me anymore. I still need to do a lot of stuff, and I'm really hoping I can get to most of it in the next day or two because that is the only time I have before embarking on another adventure!


So what have I been doing all summer you may be wondering (Well clearly not blogging, oops haha)? Well let's see... We have been working more days than not at our old house getting it ready to be rented (our new tenants moved in today, so we are finally done over there, thank the Lord!). Well how much work could that possibly be? Cleaning, hauling, moving, building, fixing, replacing, improving, etc. all accumulates into a HUGE undertaking. My mom and I laid carpet (no, neither of us knew how before we did it), we helped friends of ours remove our Jacuzzi and load it onto their truck, EIGHT of us were required to accomplish that task, we manhandled a boat on a trailer with flat wheels to get it into a position where we could hook it up to a truck, we hauled dozens of truckloads of stuff out of our garage and sheds to our new house loading and unloading everything. Lifted countless objects much heavier than myself, rearranged our new house to try and make room for the new stuff, built storage units for our new house, lifted our washer and dryer onto pedestals we had made so that they'd be at a better height, we've swept, scrubbed, mopped, polished, sanitized, wiped, and cleaned more than you can even imagine. We had crews come in  (thank goodness) and paint and landscape and clean the carpets, but aside from that my family has done ALL of the work that went into that house on our own. We flew by the seats of our pants and accomplished amazing feats, and finally we are finished! But until this day, today, we've been working our patooties off over there.

_____________

Okay, so it's been quite a few days now... life just stays busy... don't really wanna continue that post. Long story short, this summer has been a whirlwind and I still haven't cleaned my room which was my primary goal... I need to clean that darn thing when I finally get home.

_____________


Okay... it's another day now.... and things have changed significantly yet again... today we went to Yosemite and it was AWESOME!!! I'm up north visiting my grandparents till Monday and I really don't think I'm gonna wanna go home when Monday rolls around. There are few places as majestic as this. I'm going to go play Taboo with my sibs now though, so I'm gonna wrap this up and post it and perhaps write a more entertaining one later on. My posts have been boring lately.  OH! And I still have to talk about VBS and Utah and the beach and things. So much has happened this summer; I can't keep up with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment