Intro

Scroll Down To Read The Actual Post :)


Hello viewers and/or helpless victims of a misplaced click! Welcome to my blog, please stop and look around a bit. My name is Chelsea and I am a somewhat typical college student living life. I've created this account in order to share some of the random things I've done and tell stories (Anyone who knows me will tell you I talk-- perhaps too much-- to anyone and everyone and always have a story to tell). I think I talk too much, but thankfully in this setting you are not being coerced into listening to my ramblings, you may stop reading whenever you choose (though I hope you find me just intriguing enough to continue reading).

P.S. I've got a secret..... I am new to this! (As if you couldn't tell by my cookie cutter blog template) I have never before written a blog, but so many people keep saying I should, and provided I have the patience and the dedication to do this frequently, I think it will be really fun.

So anyway, please keep in mind that I am new to this, and cut me some slack as I get the hang of it.
Oh and one more thing! If you don't like my blog for whatever reason, I am not forcing you to read it; no one is :) and I am who I am, so don't expect me to change if I get a little flak.

Welcome to Every Day's an Adventure




Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

Every Day is an Adventure

Oy! Today was a doozy of a week... oops today wasn't a week long it only seemed that way haha. But in all seriousness this past week has been ridiculous. So much homework(my Chinese teacher is going to kill me!), lot's of hours at work and even on days when it wasn't very many hours like maybe one or two, they were crammed in between classes which makes the day feel so rushed with little to no time to catch my breath. I didn't get to go swing dancing, to the Katipunan meeting, to the APSP kick off fair, or the Freshman/transfer night social, and I'm probably not going to get to Midnight Madness tonight. That's FIVE events! One for each day of the week that I wanted to go to and couldn't because of work or homework or both. 


& if this past week wasn't stressful enough I still have to do a super time consuming Chinese worksheet, write an essay for my Chinese literature class, AND study for my big Spanish Linguistics midterm on Monday. OH and I also need to do chores for my family, and spiff up my room. No big deal right? Well we'll see. This quarter has been so hectic already and it's only coming up on the fourth week! 


In other news I wrote and submitted my very first resume today... I HATE resumes, cover letters, and interviews; I've been taught my whole life NOT to be conceited or cocky, not to brag about my accomplishments, and not to tell people "how great I am," but now all of a sudden things are different; those rules are supposed to be broken, and I have to convince people that I'm better than the next guy? But I guess I'll just have to learn how to suck it up and be that confident braggart they want me to be long enough to secure the necessary pay raise and perhaps that second job. 


Oh and this is something I posted as a status update on facebook earlier this week and I wanted to put it here too:

"If you're ever bored and want to stalk me, here's my blog where you can read all about some of the events in my life lol. The title is Every Day's an Adventure (you just gotta find it) and I really believe that to be true. If you stop and appreciate life for what it is instead of focusing on all the deadlines, bills, and drama, you'll be able to see the adventure too!
If you still can't see it, try looking back at your life so far and think about how different elements combined to bring you to where you are today. What different things fell into place to cause you to choose the college you're at? What experiences have helped shape the way you think now? All these things are part of the great adventure called life and it's truly amazing to think about how interconnected and exciting life is. It's more than a tireless cycle of daily objectives and stress. It's an adventure, and if you manage to view it as such, I think it becomes much more enjoyable and interesting. What great adventure will you begin today? And what mini adventures will you go through before the sun sets tonight? Will you get stuck behind an annoyingly slow van and have to slow down abruptly and as you're angrily complaining about this circumstance pass a cop around the next bend? If not for the slow poke you would likely have gotten a ticket? That's happened to me on many an occasion, and whenever it does, I thank God, but whether you believe in God or not, situations like that should cause you to marvel at the world in general and how connected it all is. We are not individuals in the sense that we are isolated human beings, we all affect each other and interact to create life and experiences. In what ways are you affecting those around you today? We can influence the lives of others for the better, so what's stopping us?

I got a little distracted there... but anyway, here's my blog!"


2 comments:

  1. Everyday IS an adventure! Thanks for the reminder! Oh, and on the resume, don't talk about how much better you are than everyone else. Present the clearest picture you can of who you are, and why you could make their time at work so much more wonderful! That's what you wanna do, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem.

    & that is a much better way to think about it! Too bad I already submitted the one I was working on, but I will definitely keep that in mind for the future ^_^ thanks

    ReplyDelete